Intersection Control Evaluation Action Plan
Encourage use of the ICE process in project development by TxDOT and local agencies. Develop case studies, provide training, and conduct outreach.
Steps For Implementation
- Identify stakeholders (TxDOT, local agencies, DPS, and DMV).
- Draft policies and guidelines based on best practices. Integrate them into the project development process. Consider maintenance requirements.
- Revise based on stakeholder input.
- Develop training materials or adapt FHWA materials.
TxDOT’s Design Division and Traffic Operations Division, districts, city and county agencies, TexITE, FHWA, Texas Trucking Association, and TEEX.
Cost to Implement
Time to Implement
- Institutional inertia.
- Identifying and securing a champion.
- Changing long-standing practices. Considering early enough in the project development phase.
- Public acceptance of non-standard designs and controls.