Reduced Citation Trend Action Plan
Improve traffic signal timing and interconnect signals to improve efficient traffic flow and encourage a safe travel speed.
Steps For Implementation
- Screen corridors to determine ones with an overrepresentation of crashes, including an analysis of time of day.
- Drive corridors during periods when crashes are overrepresented, and determine whether traffic progression can be improved.
- Select corridors and periods for timing improvements, and select a target speed for the corridor.
- Collect data, including travel time and delay data; conduct analyses; and develop new timing plans.
- Implement new timing plans and fine-tune them in the field. Collect after travel time and delay data.
- Evaluate timing improvements and monitor crash data. Perform an after evaluation.
MPOs, city and county transportation agencies, TexITE, and TxDOT.
Cost to Implement
Time to Implement
- Identifying and securing a champion.
- Developing widespread buy-in and collaboration between jurisdictions along a corridor.
- Obtaining sufficient and sustained funding.