Incorporate pedestrian considerations in transportation plans.
- Inventory existing pedestrian facilities.
- Review existing transportation plans, and revise plans to incorporate appropriate features where needed.
- Prioritize locations for improvements based on gaps, transit routes, and community input.
- Secure funding for improvements.
- Design projects.
- Construct improvements.
- Develop public education materials and disseminate them.
TxDOT, government agencies, consultants, contractors, and the public.
- The public.
- Amount of space to work in.
- Prioritize pedestrian safety and considerations for mobility and accessibility in the context of land use and roadway environment.
- Prioritize improvements to fill gaps in networks and crossings within 1⁄4 mile of bus stops and 1⁄2 mile of other mass transportation.
- Provide appropriate features along the pedestrian network (wide shoulders, sidewalks, pedestrian crossing treatments, and pedestrian refuge islands).