Data-Driven Approach Action Plan
Use a data-driven approach to optimize areas and times for enforcement.
Steps For Implementation
- Prepare Data-Driven Approaches to Crime and Traffic Safety (DDACTS) training for police leadership organizations.
- Prepare DDACTS articles for police leadership newsletters, websites, and publications.
- Make DDACTS training available for cooperating agencies.
- Present DDACTS information for use in Selective Traffic Enforcement Programs (STEP) as a best practice, and strongly recommend its inclusion in STEP grant applications.
- Compile DDACTS success stories to use as examples for departments not using DDACTS.
- Provide location-specific DDACTS information to police departments within that location.
TxDOT and law enforcement organizations
Cost to Implement
Time to Implement
- Finding local and state leaders/champions.
- Developing partnerships necessary for implementing this countermeasure.
- Obtaining sustained and sufficient funding.
- Need for police chiefs to support community outreach.