Identify training gaps for police on locations with a high probability for alcohol and drug use that lead to impaired driving (e.g., breaking up/preventing underage-drinking parties).
- Identify areas with a high volume of impaired crashes, and determine if coalitions are working with law enforcement to address underage-drinking parties and calls for noise violations. For example, examine San Antonio’s Social Host Ordinance.
- Determine whether coalition and law enforcement agencies need and/or desire controlled party dispersal training and provide training.
- Identify communities with social host ordinances and coalitions, and document ordinances and standard operating procedures.
- Identify best practices training and training materials on location components to impaired-driving and underage-drinking enforcement (e.g., San Antonio’s standard operating procedures for its ordinance).
- Disseminate best practices training materials, resources, and publications through , the Impaired Driving Task Force, and police training and leadership organizations.
Texans Standing Tall, police and sheriff departments, Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), prosecutors, , and other advocacy groups
- Finding champions to develop the support for adopting an ordinance.
- Developing and sustaining the necessary collaboration or coalition to enforce the ordinance.
- Obtaining funding to implement and sustain a program.