Resources—DUI Identification Action Plan
Identify methodologies and resources for improving the identification of drugged driving as a contributing factor in impaired-driving crashes.
Steps For Implementation
This countermeasure has been divided into seven individual countermeasures. These countermeasures have implementation steps outlined depending on the objectives the user chooses to implement. View the countermeasures.
TxDOT, Sam Houston State University, DPS, TTI, law enforcement training organizations, Texans Standing Tall, Texas Department of State Health Services, Texas District and County Attorneys Association, and traffic safety resource prosecutors.
Cost to Implement
Time to Implement
- Securing start-up and sustained funding to change procedures, perform evidence analysis, and train personnel.
- Resistance to changing the standard crash report form and related documents and training.
- Determining methods to evaluate ARIDE and DEC.
- Changing CRIS business rules.
- Continuing need to orient personnel and legislators.
- Challenges related to blood evidence collection and analysis.
- Potential freedom-of-information requests.